MAUREEN NALLE MEMORIAL GRADUATE NURSING SCHOLARSHIP
Submission Deadline is November 1
The Maureen Nalle Memorial Graduate Nursing Scholarship is an educational scholarship for eligible Registered Nurses in the State of Tennessee who are continuing their education in graduate studies. This scholarship is provided through TNF’s fundraising and contributions to the fund are tax deductible. Scholarships are awarded once a year in the amount of $2000.
All requests for scholarships shall be made on the Maureen Nalle Memorial Graduate Nursing Scholarship Program Application form available for download below. Approval for granting scholarships shall rest with the Tennessee Nurses Foundation Board of Trustees. Applicants must complete the application, have satisfactory references and agree to the terms of this scholarship request. The number of scholarships will be determined by the estimated need /qualifications of the individual applicants and the amount of funds available. A personal interview with the applicant may be requested by the Tennessee Nurses Foundation Board of Trustees.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a program of study in an accredited institution of higher education that would enable the nurse to make a greater contribution to nursing.
- Applicant must have been a continuous member of TNA for at least one year prior to the scholarship application.
- Applicant shall be a resident of or employed in the State of Tennessee.
- Applicant to submit plan for use of funds.
Post Scholarship Recipient Criteria
- Documentation and receipts of how awarded scholarship funds have been spent. Submit to TNF within 30 days from the beginning of the semester.
- Complete the Maureen Nalle Memorial Graduate Nursing Scholarship Program Application Form.
- Submit proof of acceptance from institution of higher education.
- Submit plan for use of funds.
- Submit reference from current employer or, if in school, from dean/director of school.
- Submit 2 letters of recommendation, on of which is a TNA member.
NOTE: For help locating a TNA member, TNA District Board member contact information can be
Applications are reviewed once each year. The submission deadline is November 1. Preference shall be given to the following:
- Financial need
- Leadership potential
- Sustained active TNA membership
Maureen Nalle Memorial Graduate Nursing Scholarship Criteria and Application or call 615-254-0350.