TENNESSEE NURSES FOUNDATION
RN TO BSN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Submission Deadline is November 1
The TNF RN to BSN Scholarship is an educational scholarship for eligible Registered Nurses in the State of Tennessee who are continuing their education to attain a BSN. This scholarship is provided through TNF’s fundraising programs and contributions to the fund are tax deductible. Scholarships are awarded once a year in the amount of $1,000.
All requests for scholarships shall be made to the Tennessee Nurses Foundation Scholarship Program. Application forms are available for download below. Approval or granting scholarships shall rest with the Tennessee Nurses Foundation Board of Trustees. Applicants must complete the application, have satisfactory references and agree to the terms of this scholarship request. The number of scholarships will be determined by the estimated need /qualifications of the individual applicants and the amount of funds available. A personal interview with the applicant may be requested by the Tennessee Nurses Foundation Board of Trustees.
The TNF RN to BSN Scholarship is given once each year in the amount of $1,000 and is intended to support further nursing academic achievement for nurses in an accredited BSN program in the State of Tennessee.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a Baccalaureate nursing program of study in an accredited institution of higher education.
- Applicant must have been a continuous member of the Tennessee Nurses Association for at least one year prior to the grant application.
- Applicant shall be a resident of or employed in the State of Tennessee.
- Applicant to submit plan for use of funds.
Post Scholarship Recipient Criteria
- Documentation and receipts of how awarded scholarship funds have been spent. Submit to TNF within 30 days from the beginning of the semester.
- Complete the TNF RN to BSN Scholarship Application Form.
- Submit proof of acceptance from institution of higher education.
- Submit plan for use of funds.
- Submit reference from current employer or, if in school, from dean/director of school.
- Submit 2 letters of recommendation, one of which is a TNA member.
NOTE: For help locating a TNA member, TNA District Board member contact information can be
Applications are reviewed once each year. The submission deadline date is November 1. Preference shall be given to the following:
- Financial need
- Leadership potential
- Sustained active TNA membership