CONTINUING NURSING EDUCATION
TNA is committed to providing high-quality, best-practice resources for nursing professional development. From novice to expert, the courses, conferences, and webinars, both live and via technology provide you with the knowledge and skills to deliver excellent patient care as you grow in your professional practice.
In this section you will find upcoming course announcements, application links for individual activity and provider unit approval, and the latest news about continuing nursing education and nursing professional development. NOTE: Not every educational activity available in Tennessee for nursing is listed; only activities approved through TNA will be posted on our website. The TNA CNE Peer Review Committee has approved the activities and provider units listed on the website.
DECIDING ON INDIVIDUAL ACTIVITY OR PROVIDER UNIT – START HERE
FOR INDIVIDUAL ACTIVITY INFORMATION – CLICK HERE
FOR PROVIDER UNIT INFORMATION – CLICK HERE
Questions about Continued Competency Law and Continuing Education Requirements? Click Here.
All forms, applications, and guidelines have been revised and updated. Please discard older versions and complete all submissions using the new materials only.
For Reviewers and Reviewer Candidates ONLY
- The Annual Live Reviewer Training & Update will be held June 10 in Nashville. Many of you have already registered. If you are unsure or have not, please register using this link: https://form.jotform.com/90595760857169
Where: Homewood Suites, 2400 West end Ave, Nashville, TN 37203
CNE Awarded: 4.5
Cost: $25 for printed materials, supplies, snacks, and lunch.
2. If you plan to retire as a reviewer this year, please let me know so that you can be honored at conference for the hard work you have done to make CNE high quality for the nurses of Tennessee.
3. All current reviewers are eligible to receive training to review provider unit applications. If you prefer to continue reviewing only individual activity applications, please let me know.
4. If you received a reviewer notebook last year, please bring it with you.
5. All new reviewer candidates will be trained to review individual activities only but are welcome to listen in on the provider unit training session. Candidates will be partnered with an experienced reviewer for their first three activity reviews.
6. If you are interested in being trained to become an assistant Nurse Peer Review Leader, request an application. The training is free, and you will learn the role of an ANCC NPRL.
Schedule: *Note times may vary slightly based on group dynamics
|11:30 am- 12:00 pm||Registration, Welcome and Introductions||Lunch provided|
|12:00 -1:30 p.m.||ANCC and TNA CNE updates, Policy & Procedure, Forms in general, Tips for Quality Review||1.5 contact hour|
|1:30-3:00 p.m.||Individual Activity Applications and Review Techniques||1.5 contact hour|
|3:00-430 p.m.||Provider Unit Reviews||1.5 contact hour|
News for Approved Provider Units
The first educational opportunity for Provider Units and nurse planners for 2019 will be Regional CNE Update Workshops.
Regional CNE Update Workshops are open to anyone from any region.
The Middle TN Regional CNE Update Workshop is scheduled for June 11. Regiser here:https://form.jotform.com/90595588538173
The East TN Regional CNE Update Workshop will be scheduled soon.
Thank you for all your efforts to provide high quality continuing education for nurses in Tennessee! It is a pleasure to work with you. I look forward to a wonderful 2019.
Questions? Please contact:
Sharon T. Hinton MSN, RN-BC, D. Min.
Nursing Professional Development Specialist
Education Administrator and Nurse Peer Review Leader
Tennessee Nurses Association
SAVE THE DATE
June 11, 2019 – Annual CNE Provider Update
If you are an Approved Provider Unit or interested in becoming a Provider Unit, this meeting is for you!
The 2018 CNE Provider Workshop was a huge success with Joseph (Joe) Houser
from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) as the guest speaker.
Thank you to all who attended, our vendors, the TNA staff, and ANCC.
Sharon Hinton, DMin, MSN, RN-BC, TNA’s Nurse Peer Review Leader & Administrator of CNE
Joe Houser, MSN, RN-BC, ANCC’s Senior Operations Manager for Primary and Joint Accreditation