Membership in the Tennessee Nurses Association and the American Nurses Association makes a powerful statement about you and your commitment to nursing. You will have access to valuable benefits and services that will make your life easier as TNA and ANA provide you with the combined support of an ever-growing professional network. Stay informed, educated and involved!
Read below for a full list of member benefits.
The Voice Of Nursing
The Tennessee Nurses Association (TNA) is the voice for all registered nurses in Tennessee. It is the only full-service organization whose membership is open to any registered nurse licensed to practice. Since its establishment, TNA has remained a powerful force working for the advancement of the professional nurse in order to provide the citizens of this state with quality, cost-effective health care.
Advance Your Career
Get CE – TNA/ANA members receive a discount and many courses are free.
- ANCC approved provider of CNE
- Browse hundreds of discounted online independent study modules for every career need.
- Earn contact hours at significant savings.
- Independent Study Modules formats include articles, audio, multimedia, slides and video. Nursingworld.org also offers the widest ranges of topics available—many that you won’t find from any other online source.
Jurex – Center for Legal Nurse Consultants
- Members save $100 on the Professional Legal Nurse Consultant (PLNC) Certification Course (Live, Video or Online) Includes FREE:
• Unlimited Mentoring
• Profile Page in the Directory
• 15 ANCC Contact Hours, and more
REGISTER at www.jurexnurse.com
or call: 901-496-5447
ANCC Certification Discounts (requires full TNA/ANA membership)
- Save $125 on ANCC initial certification and up to $150 on ANCC certification renewal. Click here for more info.
TNA Career Center
- Offers targeted access to highly sought-after positions with premier employers. Find your dream job now!
- TNA provides a FREE quarterly publication, the Tennessee Nurse
- The American Nurse
- American Nurse Today
- ANA’s Online Journal of Issues in Nursing (OJIN)
- Capitol Update
- Nursing Insider
- The fastest and most convenient way to receive timely updates on important and relevant issues that directly and indirectly impact you and the nursing community as a whole.
Network and Connect
Annual Conferences, local meetings and education at the district, state and local level
- Alerts on important issues that require immediate action and information to assist you in contacting your local legislators. As well as, updates on bills introduced and the actions taken by the General Assembly.
TNA Website – Members Only Section
- Access to archived Legislative Updates, Tennessee Nurses Foundation Grant Applications, TNA Bylaws, TNA Policies and Procedures, and more!
Advocacy And A Voice For The Profession
The Tennessee Nurses Association is the only nursing organization in the state of Tennessee offering distinctive representation at the local level.
TNA Works for you on the State Level
- Statewide lobbying on issues important to nursing and health care in Tennessee
- Monitors important legislation and provides testimony or expert insight into issues of concern to nurses
- Protecting your Nursing Practice Act
ANA Works for you on the National Level
- Representing nursing in federal agencies and even at the White House
- Speaking for nursing through the national media
- Speaking for U.S nurses internationally
Weekly Legislative Report
- A quick and easy resource for TNA members desiring to take action and voice their opinions to local and national legislators.
Political Action Committee
- The Tennessee Nurses Political Action Committee (TNPAC) works to ensure the protection of the interests of professional nursing through political activity on the local and state levels.
Tennessee Nurses Foundation
The Tennessee Nurses Foundation is a nonprofit organization founded in 1982 to support programs to meet the special needs of nurses in Tennessee. TNF’s programs include: professional assistance, education, research, promotion of nursing, and leadership development. TNF’s Leadership Nursing Program is designed to cultivate and mentor nursing leaders across the state.
TNF administers the Tennessee Professional Assistance Program. This program offers a voluntary, individualized program for chemically dependent nurses. The Professional Assistance Program provides advocacy, referral, and monitoring services to nurses and other health care professionals throughout Tennessee.
Click HERE for details on the Tennessee Nurses Foundation.
American Nurses Foundation
- Research Grant funds are available to nurses for nursing research.
TNA Visa Rewards Credit Card – Commerce Bank
Earn cash back and support TNA with every purchase!
- View your FICO® Score for free on your monthly credit card statement
- 24/7 Customer Service (except holidays) and Online Account Access
- Zero Liability Coverage6
- $100,000 Travel Accident Insurance
- Emergency Card Replacement and Emergency Cash Disbursement
- Access to toggle® – a free and flexible payment feature that lets you manage your spending like a debit card, with the rewards of a credit card and much much more!
The Tennessee Nurses Association has teamed up with OneMain, a company with over 100 years of lending experience. For every new loan booked, OneMain makes a contribution to TNA. A OneMain loan will help you reach your financial goals with friendly, honest and reliable service you can not only trust – but understand. With clear terms; no hidden fees and no prepayment penalties, OneMain offers solutions for the extra money you need with over 1,800 branches nationwide. Discover the benefits of being a OneMain customer today.
Personal & Professional Liability Insurance — COMING SOON
Financial Advisor – Innovative Financial Group, LLC
You’ve worked hard to achieve career success, but have you given the same attention to your financial well-being? Do you know what assets you will have in retirement and is it enough? If you have questions about your financial future and want answers, we can help. Focusing on your specific needs and goals, we will develop a strategy that is as unique as you are. For help putting your financial world in order call Jennifer Freeman at (615) 690-1313 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
UNA Prescription Drug Card Program
United Networks of America is offering a free discount prescription card for you, your family, friends and patients. The card can be used for non-covered prescription medications or as your primary plan if you do not have insurance or prescription drug coverage. You will receive savings of up to 75% on both brand and generic medications. The program is accepted at more than 56,000 national and regional pharmacies. The cards are pre-activated and can be used immediately. There is even a prescription drug pricing feature which allows you to quickly search several area pharmacies to receive the greatest discount for you and/or your patients
Discount Auto Rentals
- Alamo: call (800) 354-2322 and give ID #BY267847
Budget: call (800) 455-2848 and give BCD#X359100
- Alamo: call (800) 354-2322 and give ID #BY267847
Offering TNA members the opportunity to earn a top-ranked degree conveniently online. Take advantage of tuition reductions up to 25% and deferred billing to help minimize out of pocket costs.
Walden is now enrolling in the state of Tennessee for Family, Adult Gerontology and Acute Care NPs (Psychiatric Mental and Public Health NPs coming later this year)!!! Also, our online programs, allow ADN to MSN completion in 18 months!
Offering TNA members a 10% tuition reduction benefit plus grants for selected degrees…more