Tennessee nurses foundation
arthur davis lpn to rn scholarship program
Submission Deadline Has Been Extended
Until February 15, 2017
The Arthur Davis LPN to RN Scholarship is an educational scholarship for eligible licensed practical nurses in the State of Tennessee. The Arthur L. Davis Publishing Agency, Inc., publisher of TNF’s Tennessee Nurse, is the sole contributor to this fund. The scholarship is awarded once a year in the amount of $1,000.
All requests for scholarships shall be made on the Arthur Davis LPN to RN Scholarship Program Application form. Approval for granting scholarships shall rest with the Tennessee Nurses Foundation Board of Trustees. Applicants must complete the application, have satisfactory references and agree to the terms of this scholarship request. The number of scholarships will be determined by the estimated need/qualifications of the individual applicants and the amount of funds available. A personal interview with the applicant may be requested by the Tennessee Nurses Foundation Board of Trustees.
The Arthur Davis LPN to RN Scholarship is given once each year in the amount of $1,000 and is intended to support further nursing academic achievement for licensed practical nurses in an accredited LPN to RN program in the State of Tennessee. Recipient/s of this award will also receive a one-year subscription to the Tennessee Nurse, a quarterly publication that is mailed to all Tennessee licensed Registered Nurses free of charge.
1. Applicant must be enrolled in an LPN to RN program of study in an accredited institution of higher education.
2. Applicant shall be a resident of or employed in the State of Tennessee.
3. Applicant to submit plan for use of funds.
Post Scholarship Recipient Criteria
1. Documentation and receipts of how awarded scholarship funds have been spent. Submit to TNF within 30 days from the beginning of the semester.
1. Complete the Arthur Davis LPN to RN Scholarship Program Application Form.
2. Submit proof of acceptance from institution of higher education.
3. Submit plan for use of funds.
4. Submit reference from current employer or, if in school, from dean/director of school or a faculty member with classroom/clinical experience with applicant.
5. Submit 2 letters of recommendation, one of which is a current TNA member. For help in finding a current TNA member, click on District Associations at the top of this screen, or contact Kathryn Denton at email@example.com or phone 615-254-0350
Applications are reviewed once each year. The submission deadline has been extended until February 15, 2017.
Preference shall be given to the following:
1. Financial need
2. Leadership potential
Submission Deadline Has Been Extended Until February 15, 2017
LPN to RN Scholarship Information